Certain blockchain networks require a minimum number of confirmations. You cannot enter 0 confirmations for these blockchain networks.
All EVM-compatible blockchain networks require a minimum of 1 confirmation.
Maximum number of confirmations
Certain blockchain networks have a maximum number of confirmations.
- 30 confirmations maximum: Arbitrum, Arbitrum Testnet, Astar, Avalanche, Avalanche Testnet, Axelar, Berachain, Binance Smart Chain, Binance Smart Chain Testnet, Canto, Celestia, CELO, CELO Testnet ALF, CELO Testnet BAK, Chiliz, Chiliz 2.0, Coinbase, dYdX, eCredits Testnet, Ethereum Testnet Goerli, Ethereum Testnet Holesky, Ethereum Testnet Sepolia, EthereumPoW, Fantom, HOM Testnet, HT Chain, HT Chain Testnet, Kava, KUB Bitkub, KUB Bitkub Testnet, Linea, Moonbeam, Moonriver, Oasys, Optimistic Ethereum, Ronin, RSK Smart Bitcoin, RSK Smart Bitcoin Testnet, Shimmer, Smart BCH Testnet, Songbird, Songbird Legacy, WeMix, XinFin
- 100 confirmations maximum: Cosmos Hub, Ethereum
- 300 confirmations maximum: Polygon, Polygon Mumbai, Polygon zkEVM
- 1200 confirmations maximum: Ethereum Classic, Ethereum Classic Testnet
Using minimums and maximums for speed and security
If you're an advanced user, we recommend you modify the based on your organization's requirements for its overall safety strategy and faster, efficient trading.
Transfers between vault accounts
For transfers between your Fireblocks vault accounts, apply 0 confirmations to all assets where applicable. Since your vault accounts are under your close management, you are more likely to submit the correct amounts.
Deposits from external sources to your Vault
For deposits from external wallets to your Fireblocks vault, apply a high number of confirmations for all assets to establish a higher level of certainty about the transaction. The trade-off is that it takes more time for transactions to complete.
Alternatively, you can choose to set higher confirmation values for select assets of a particular blockchain. Some examples of higher-than-default values that align with some blockchain networks' confirmation behavior are:
- All assets on Bitcoin Cash (BCH): 6
- All assets on Bitcoin SV (BSV): 30
- All assets on Bitcoin (BTC): 3
- All assets on Dash (DASH): 3
- All assets on Ethereum Classic (ETC): 500
- All assets on Ethereum (Ethereum Proof-Of-Stake or ETH): 60 (ETH PoS 60 confirmations pertain to the number of blocks registered in the chain within a 2-epoch timeframe, which is the chain's finality time period)
- All assets on Ethereum Proof-Of-Work (ETHW): 30
- All assets on Litecoin (LTC): 6
- USDC asset on Avalanche (AVAX): 7
- USDC asset Ethereum (ETH): 6
- All assets on ZCash (ZEC): 12
- All assets on XDC Network (XDC, formerly XINFIN): 30