A transaction's status describes its current state in the transaction workflow. Transaction sub-status offer more information about why a transaction may be in its current state.
Viewing transaction statuses and substatuses
Transaction statuses and sub-statuses are displayed in different ways throughout the Fireblocks Console and API.
- The Active Transfers panel displays primary transaction statuses. Hover over the status to view sub-statuses when available.
- The Transaction History page includes all status details. You can export the transaction log to save all status details.
Transaction statuses in the Console appear in four colors representing four main stages:
- Yellow: Transactions that are currently processing within the Fireblocks ecosystem.
- Blue: Transactions that are currently processing outside Fireblocks, including all third-party activity and all blockchain-specific activity.
- Green: Successfully completed transactions.
- Red: All unsuccessful transactions.
- Use the list transactions, get transaction by ID, or get transaction by external ID endpoints to retrieve the status of a transaction.
- Use webhook notifications to receive notifications for all transaction status changes.
Transaction statuses and sub-statuses appear as their status code in the Fireblocks API and webhook notifications.
The following flowcharts show how an outgoing or incoming transaction may arrive at any state.
If you use Raw Signing, outgoing transactions typically go from Pending Signature to Completed.
If you use Raw Signing and the same raw data was previously signed, then the transaction can use a cached signature. In this case, the transaction may go from Submitted to Completed.