Two-factor authentication (2FA) is required to log in to Fireblocks. Fireblocks provides the workspace Owner with the ability to reset a user's 2FA in case a user loses access to their 2FA (e.g. Google Authenticator). Resetting requires the user to reconfigure their 2FA application. The user's login email and password will not be reset.
Resetting a user's 2FA by the workspace owner
The workspace Owner can reset the 2FA for any user, excluding themself, at any time by following these steps:
- Click on the avatar menu in the top right corner of the console.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Users tab at the top of the page.
- Find the user who's 2FA you would like to reset.
- Select Reset 2FA from the three-dot menu on the right side of the listed user.
- The user will receive an email with a link notifying them that their 2FA has been reset.
- The user will then be able to log in again using the Login button and reconfigure their 2FA.