Two-factor authentication (2FA) is required to log in to Fireblocks. Fireblocks provides workspace Owners with the ability to reset a user's 2FA in case a user loses access to their 2FA (e.g. Google Authenticator). Resetting requires the user to reconfigure their 2FA application. The user's login email and password will not be reset.
The workspace Owner can only reset their own 2FA by contacting support.
Resetting a user's 2FA by the workspace owner
The workspace Owner can reset the 2FA for any user, excluding themself, at any time by following these steps:
- Click on the avatar menu in the top right corner of the console.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Users tab at the top of the page.
- Find the user whose 2FA you would like to reset.
- Select Reset 2FA from the three-dot menu on the right side of the listed user.
- The user will receive an email with a link notifying them that their 2FA has been reset.
- The user will then be able to log in again using the Login button and reconfigure their 2FA.