Fireblocks requires a strong method of authentication for transaction signing and authorization. The Fireblocks mobile app uses a device’s biometric sensor for authentication by default.
For customers seeking an alternative authentication method, Fireblocks allows customers the ability to authenticate using Yubikey.
This article describes the steps to setting up a Yubikey 5 NFC device for authentication on the Fireblocks mobile app. The procedure involves initializing the Yubikey device and sending a list of parameters to Fireblocks to associate the initialized device with a workspace user.
Yubikey Setup Guide
- Download and install the Yubikey personalization tool from the Yubikey Website.
- Open the Yubikey personalization tool app, and click the Yubico OTP tab.
- Choose Advanced.
- Choose Configuration Slot 1.
- Click Generate (Public Identity, Private Identity, and Secret Key).
- Verify your Yubikey is inserted into the computer USB slot, and click the Write Configuration button.
- Save as a CSV file.
- Encrypt the CSV file using this PGP public key, and attach it to the submit a request form.
It is important that you DO NOT send an unencrypted file. If you need help with encrypting, let us know or get help from your internal IT security team.