Accepting an invitation to join a workspace
- Check your inbox for an invitation to join a workspace.
- In the email, click Join Workspace to start the set up process.
- Select Sign Up.
- Select your preferred sign-in method (SSO or other).
- Enter your credentials.
- Click Sign Up to continue.
Setting up Two-Factor Authentication
- Scan the QR code using an authenticator app on your mobile device. Learn more about setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) here.
- Enter the corresponding code and click the arrow to continue.
Users with an editor or viewer role have now completed user setup.
Users with an admin, non-signing admin, signer, or approver role will need to continue to proceed with the following steps to complete the setup.
Note: the workspace will only be accessible once the workspace owner is set up. Once the owner is set, users with an editor or viewer role will be able to enter the workspace.
Pairing the Fireblocks mobile app with your workspace for signing and approving
- Download the Fireblocks app on a mobile device (Google Play or Apple App Store). Please make sure your device meets the mobile device requirements.
- Use the Fireblocks app to scan the QR code on your computer screen. This will pair the device with your workspace.
- Follow the setup instructions on your mobile device.
- Allow the Fireblocks app to use the device's biometric authentication. The biometric sensor on your device must be configured with your touch or face ID in advance.
- Enter a six-digit pin code that will be used for authorizations. Write down your six-digit pin code and keep it in a secure place separate from your mobile device.
- You can now use your Fireblocks mobile app for workspace approvals only.
- Note that the workspace will only be accessible once the workspace owner is fully set up.
Completing the MPC key share setup
In order to gain signing capabilities, meaning the ability to sign outgoing transactions, you must complete the steps articulated below, relevant only to users with an owner, admin or signer role:
Step 1: MPC Key Generation:
- Owner: owner's MPC keys will be generated at this point.
- Other signers: owner will be prompted to approve your MPC keys on their Fireblocks Mobile. Once approved by owner, the MPC key shares for that signer will be generated.
- Note: One of the MPC key shares is physically stored on your signing device.
Step 2: Set Recovery Passphrase:
- Write down your recovery passphrase and store it securely.
- Note: Recovering the MPC key share stored on your signing device is only possible by using this recovery passphrase.
Note: Deleting the app or changing device biometrics at any point after device pairing is complete, will effectively revoke signing capabilities from your device. To avoid any interruptions to your signing capabilities, do not delete the Fireblocks app or change device biometric, unless instructed to by Fireblocks support.