Two-factor authentication is required for all users to sign into the Fireblocks Console. Any Time-based One-Time-Password (TOTP) authenticator app may be used such as apps from Google, Microsoft, LastPass, or Yubico. In this article, Google Authenticator is shown as an example.
Setting up two-factor authentication
- Download Google Authenticator to your mobile device from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Select the to add a new account.
- Select Scan a QR code.
- Go to the Fireblocks Console Login page, and enter your login details.
- Scan the 2FA QR code on your computer screen using the authenticator app, then enter the corresponding code.
- If your code is correct, you'll receive a confirmation.
If your code is incorrect, you'll be asked to try again.
If you’re having trouble, you might want to verify that the time on both your computer and mobile device is correct.
- Enter the 6-digit code from your mobile device into the 2-Step Authentication dialog any time you log in to your Fireblocks Console.
Return to User setup if you have not completed onboarding to your Fireblocks workspace and would like to learn more.
Resetting your 2FA
If you have lost or replaced your device used for two-factor authentication (2FA), you will need to reset your 2FA in order to access the Fireblocks console.
- Contact your workspace owner to request to reset your 2FA.
- Once the owner resets your 2FA, you will receive an email with a link to log in to your workspace and will be required to reconfigure your 2FA using an authenticator app as described above.